Bethlehem is a city steeped in history and it’s easy to see why. From its biblical roots to the various churches and museums located within its boundaries, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this historic city. But which time of year is best to visit Bethlehem? And what are the best attractions to visit? In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of your trip. From tips on where to stay to what activities to undertake, we have everything you need to plan the perfect Bethlehem visit.
What to expect in Bethlehem
Bethlehem is a small town located in the West Bank, just outside Jerusalem. The town has a population of around 25,000 and is known for its traditional Christmas celebrations. Bethlehem tours are available year-round, but the best time to visit is during the Christmas season. Here are some things you can expect on a Bethlehem tour:
- A visit to the Old City
The Old City of Bethlehem is made up bethlehem tour from jerusalem of several narrow alleyways and cobblestone streets that wind their way through ancient stone walls. It’s a stunning place and you’ll see plenty of religious icons and relics from Christ’s life. Highlights include the Nativity Church , the Basilica of the Nativity (built over Mary’s tomb), and St. John’s Gate.
- A trip to Bethlehem’s Manger Square
Manger Square is an important part of Bethlehem’s history, The square features an impressive nativity scene with crib, shepherds, animals, and angels carved into stone columns. There are also carolers at night during the Christmas season, so be prepared to join in!
Tips for planning a trip to Bethlehem
If you’re planning a trip to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. The city is located in the Lehigh Valley region of the state and experiences a temperate climate year-round. Make sure to check the weather forecast before heading out as conditions can change rapidly in this part of Pennsylvania.
Bethlehem is also home to many attractions, including the famous Christmas Market. This market features over 150 vendors selling handmade crafts, traditional foods, and unique gifts. You can also visit Santa’s Workshop where kids can meet Santa and his elves.
Don’t forget to take advantage of Bethlehem’s top tourist attractions like the Nativity Scene at the Church of the Nativity or Bethlehem’s Underground Salt Mine. These attractions offer visitors an opportunity to learn more about Bethlehem’s history and see some of its most impressive sights.
No matter what time of year you visit Bethlehem, be sure to pack your sunscreen and plenty of water as temperatures can get hot and humid during summer months. And if you’re looking for something fun to do while in town, be sure to check out one of Bethlehem’s many amusement parks or enjoy a show at one of the city’s theaters.
Where to stay in Bethlehem
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Bethlehem, there are a few options available. Bethlehem is located in the eastern side of the Judean Mountains and can be quite cold in wintertime. If you’re looking for a more temperate climate, you may want to consider staying closer to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
If you’re looking for an affordable option, many Bedouin hotels offer decent rates. Alternatively, you can also stay in one of the city’s hostels or guesthouses. If you’re looking for something with a bit more luxury, some of the best hotels include The King David Hotel, The Ramada Inn Bethlehem and La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bethlehem/Easton Hills.
Overall, Bethlehem is a relatively inexpensive destination that has a range of accommodation options available to fit everyone’s needs.
Restaurants in Bethlehem
Bethlehem is a city known for its beautiful architecture and history. Visitors can enjoy plenty of restaurants in the city that offer a variety of cuisines, from traditional Palestinian dishes to international foods. Here are some of the best restaurants in Bethlehem:
- Abu Hassan: This restaurant offers Ottoman-inspired cuisine and offers a variety of menu options, from appetizers to main courses. The restaurant has a comfortable setting with rich colors and a nice view of the city.
- Mama Yusuf’s: Mama Yusuf’s is one of the oldest restaurants in Bethlehem, and it offers traditional Palestinian dishes like shawarma, falafel, and chicken kabobs. The restaurant has a friendly atmosphere with wooden floors and pictures on the walls.
- Leonardo’s Pizza: Leonardo’s Pizza is one of the most popular pizza joints in town, and it offers pizza made with fresh ingredients. The restaurant also serves Italian-style pasta, salads, desserts, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- La Dolce Vita: La Dolce Vita is an Italian restaurant that provides delicious food at an affordable price. The menu includes pizzas, pastas, salads, desserts, coffees and more. La Dolce Vita also offers daily specials that are sure to please even the most discerning customer.